OpenFoam – getting Started
This beginner friendly training of OpenFoam gives a good starting point for a successful simulation. The training will be held in a webinar including 2 modules which show the complete workflow of basic CFD-simulation. The training starts with the general structure and operation of OpenFoam. CAD Model and import functions will be discussed, as well as the preparations which need to be done before importing the CAD geometry. It will be discussed how the internal meshing tool of OpenFoam can be used to get meshes well enough for industrial applications.
The two modules cover everything which is needed to start with CFD simulations. The module explanations will be given on an example which is handed over to the attendee for doing own simulations.
Module: OpenFoam Basics
Folder structure of OpenFoam
- CAD preparation
- Basic meshing with blockMesh
- Meshing industrial geometries with snappyHexMesh
- Setting boundary conditions
Module: CFD in practice
- Improving numerical stability à how to solve 90% of convergence problems
- Workflow improvements using OpenSource Software
- Simulations on multi cores (multi-processor simulations) including decomposing and reconstructing
- Postprocessing in ParaView